Monday, August 29, 2011

Pillow case tops

I've been mucking around with pillowcases from thrift/op shops lately. My fascination with pillowcases partly comes from the fact that they are normally one of the cheapest items in the shops and so make for cheap fabric while I'm working out my sewing skills. Also, I've been using them because I'm really keen to reduce my own waste by buying and using recycled goods.  Sewing and crafts can actually be very wasteful hobbies when you think about it -so I'm trying to do my bit. Here's two of my creations. I finished them early Saturday and wore each of them for a day this weekend.

What do you think? Can I get away with these in public?

I have to credit these sources for providing guidence/ideas/inspiration:

recycled-fashion.com

newdressaday.com

little green dresses by Tina Sparkles

loveandtrash

No comments:

Post a Comment