Friday, June 10, 2011

ARGH! The trouble with possums

Yes, possums are really cute. We get some lovely curious ones visiting us at home. I have to say, the Australian ones are really nice looking compared to possums that you find in some other parts of the world - I'm biased though.

Today, I'm not feeling so charitable. After loosing all my herbs to the hungry possums, I wasn't doing much gardening. Then my lovely grandpa gave me a 5 year old chili plant. He's been growing them, cultivating them, and just generally putting a lot of love into it. I could tell he was really proud of that plant.

This morning we woke up to find that the beautiful big chili bush has now been reduced to a few twigs.  The possums are at it again!!

Do you have trouble with wildlife in your garden?  Any suggestions for how I can live with these cuties but not have every plant ruined?

No comments:

Post a Comment