Saturday, June 11, 2011

Brrr, it's getting cold here!

It is finally getting colder in Brisbane.  Typically, we have a few months of cool weather and then we're back in shorts and skirts for the rest of the year.  We don't get snow and most people don't have heating in their homes.  This week we had a really cold day, see a report in one of our newspapers here. Ok, so the temps didn't even go below freezing, but it is still cold for us. After a year of Minnesota weather, this is the coldest I've been in a while.

So I thought this was a great opportunity to cook a slow soup. I took two recipes this one from Jamie Oliver and this one from Donna Hay (who used to be the Marie Claire Australia food editor).  The result was this soup.

I couldn't help putting my new recipe into a video. You can see the result of my efforts here:


I was feeling pretty chuffed about that until I saw this video by tiger in a jar on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/24243147 it is stunning!  I have a lot to learn before I can create something like that...not to mention, I need a video camera.  Oh well. I'm happy to muck around for now and will use the beautiful vids from "tiger" as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment