Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sweet Enough June

A friend convinced me to try going sugar free for the month of June. Today was our first day and here's what I ate.  I don't normally think of myself as having a 'sweet tooth' but today was a bit tough. I realized there are little sweet treats that creep into my normal day without me even noticing: A cookie from the jar at work, a little chocolate after dinner, and an occasional chai latte.  I think it is going to be harder than I'd originally planned.  Worst thing is that we're going away on a family holiday this weekend for my mum's 60th birthday.  How am I going to get through it without a few sweets or a slice of cake??

Porridge/oatmeal with cinnamon and sultanas.

My lunch

Dinner - a chicken curry

Tomorrow I'm going to a counselling course to refresh my skills. I'm really excited but a bit nervous about the food. I'm not sure how easy it will be to avoid sugar when I'm not even setting the menu...fun and adventures again!

The 'retail diet' is going well.but I've just realized that there are some pretty important birthdays coming up. Can I really make or thrift something that is suitable for a b'day?

No comments:

Post a Comment